Work Permits

Work Permits 2019-02-21T00:04:46-06:00

About Work Permits

Foreigners that want to work in Canada must hold an work permit from the government. Our company has many years of experience in working with various sophisticated cases. We are specialized in temporary work permit for foreign workers and post-graduate work permit.
International students only have one chance to apply for their work permit. Those who are willing to stay in Canada after graduation needs to take it very seriously!

Post-graduation Work Permit

A Post-Graduation Work Permit cannot be valid longer than the length of your studies in Canada.
If the official length of your program of study is:

  • less than eight months
    • you are not eligible for this program
  • less than two years but more than eight months
    • you may get a work permit for a period no longer than the length of your program of study (for example, if you studied for nine months, a work permit may be issued for a period of nine months)
  • two years or more
    • a work permit may be issued for three years

Once an international student has applied for the work permit, he will have the implied status which allows him to work even if his application is still pending review.


You must have continuously studied full time in Canada and you must have completed a program of study that lasted at least eight months. In addition, you must have graduated from:

  • a public post-secondary institution, such as a college, trade/technical school, university or CEGEP (in Quebec), or
  • a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions
  • You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program.
  • You must have completed and passed the program of study and received a notification that you are eligible to obtain your degree, diploma or certificate.
  • You must have a valid study permit when you apply for the work permit.

Booking Form

Book an appointment Today!

Choose Generation Z Consulting Inc., our specialized team staff will serve you at our best!